Sunday, May 5, 2013

29 April 2013  8 months out


Dear Family and Friends,
This past week was a total blur. I feel like in a blink of an eye I'm back here at WIZARD writing another week's email.
Today marks another month that I have been out on the mission. The count is now at 8 months which means I'm 1/3 of the way there. It literally feels like yesterday that I arrived at the mission office, got my trainer, and started this journey in Glória 6 months/half a year ago! It almost feels unfair that time passes by so quickly out here on the mission. I feel like time is the enemy now. I wish I could press restart on the mission with the knowledge that I have now. I could have helped out a lot more people than I did. The past is the past though, there is no use in dwelling upon it. The best thing that I can do is continue learning each and every day and then apply it in my work here.
This last week we had a few more family home evenings. They all went smoothly, but there wasn't any new investigators made because of it. It is definitely helping to strengthen the Branch but we are getting dry on finding new people. I expressed my concerns with Elder Leal and we will focus more on finding this week.
Something that I have learnt this transfer is that I really want to be the Senior companion. I feel like it is time that I took on a bigger leadership role. I know what it means to work hard and I will use this to our benefit. I know that if we are doing the right things and trying our best Heavenly Father will bless us immensely. I want to come home at night feeling beat, that is my indicator of success as a missionary. 
So I looked at all the photos from Greg's graduation that you sent me. I'm a little choked up looking at my older brother all dressed in cap and gown with the BYU colors. I'm so grateful that Greg is my older brother. So many times while walking in streets or sitting down in the middle of a lesson, I try to imagine what Greg would say or do. This is because he is really a great yet humble person, and I admire him. I know that the Lord will bless him wherever life takes him, he deserves it. I am really prideful when it comes to our family, it is simply the best.
Scrolling through the pictures of our family I couldn't help but notice how slim Dad is looking. Whoa, I don't think I have ever seen him like this. I want you to know Dad that I too have started my own workout regimen. It consists of a workout idea from a letter sent by Debi and a lot of banana milkshakes. Needless to say I have lost the love handles and I'm getting ripped fast. I'm sure that I will I be able to fight you like Rod fights his Dad in the movie, "Hot Rod." I hope this inspires you to keep at it, especially now that we are in the same weight class.
-Important-
Mom, I need a Skype account to able to talk to you Mother's Day. I would make an account myself, but as you are aware you all changed my Facebook password which is needed to make an account. So this means that you or Jessie -the people I trust most with this kind of technological ability- are going to have to make an account using my Facebook. It is really simple. Then send me all the information as well as your account information so that I can find you Mother's day. The odds are not looking to good in finding someone with Skype and a webcam. I will try everything to able to see you all M Day that you can be sure.
Lastly, I am in dire need of more slacks and socks. If you have means to able to send these things I would be grateful. I would buy these things in Brazil but as you must know the quality to price ratio is ridiculous here.
That is all for now,
Much Love,
Elder Miller
P.S. Greg and Dad, I got your letters yesterday and will write back as soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment