Sunday, May 5, 2013

25 February 2013   Another transfer down


Hello Family and Friends,

I forgot to advise you all in my last email that this week is a transfer week. It came a week earlier than usual, just 5 weeks instead of 6. It is because of the surge of new missionaries arriving in our mission, 18 and 19 year old North Americans! Hooyah USA, USA! We have already been receiving 18/19 year old Brazilians for several weeks now. They all seem super prepared for the challenges of the mission. So back to the transfer... neither Elder Weber nor I were transferred, yeah! This pretty much guarantees that I will stay in Butiá for at least 2 more transfers in Butiá, one with Elder Weber and one with whoever is my next companion. I'm totally fine with this because Elder Weber and I got along very well. He tells me that I am the best companion that he has had on the mission, the "only companion I have never had to argue with." He even wrote the President of the mission in order to stay here in Butiá with me for at least another transfer ha ha. So I will be here for my birthday and the start of winter.
That is so cool hearing about all the new missions that will open up here in Brazil and in the world. In my opinion the Second Coming is will be sooner than every one thinks. I studied Revelations (Apocalypses in Portuguese) pretty thoroughly trying to figure it all out ha ha.
That is kind of funny/strange that no one made it into BYU from our ward. I'm so grateful that I made it in when I did because those kids in our ward are 10x smarter than I was in High School.
You have been asking about the weather here so here we go. There is a pattern here in Butiá it goes from 2-3 grey, slightly rainy days in a row to 3-4 sunny, humid, hot days in a row. The sun is so powerful here, if I forget to put on sunscreen I will literally look like a lobster at the end of the day. I know this from experience, I got destroyed Friday. Apparently there is a hole in the ozone above Rio Grande do Sul??? Maybe you all can investigate this for me.
Mom, I laughed at the spider email you sent me. This is because our house is FULL of them ha ha. You probably didn't want to hear that but it's the truth. Luckily they aren't the brown spiders that every one is afraid of. There are a couple big boys in our house, about the size of the palm of my hand. Elder Weber doesn't let me reign death upon them all. But I'm afraid that even I have become sensitive towards them as well. That is the mission for you, you look at everything in a whole new point of view. Even spiders are creatures of God. I'm not to sure about snakes yet, and yes there are snakes in Brazil.
Dad, your email about all the skiing was killer. It sounded like you had a blast and shredded the place up. Proud of you! I have to improve my skiing skills before we hit the slopes, I don't want to get shown up by you. Super jealous of you and Greg, you guys rock!

My address goes something like this

Arlindo Silva #60
Butiá
Brazil, RS
Go look up my house on Google Earth

Love you all,

Tchau for now

No comments:

Post a Comment