Wednesday, October 30, 2013

28 October 2013


The word is in... I will be transferred! I'm going back to the big city, or in other words, Porto Alegre. The zone is called Partenon, and I will be serving in the district Intercap. Oh there is another detail, I will be the District Leader and trainer. My trainee/companion with be Elder E. Santos who has one transfer under his belt so he is not completely green.

Yeah, so I am excited. It is a shame that I won't reap the benefits of my work in Dom Pedrito, but at least I know that I gave it my best and that Dom Pedrito will baptize a load of people in the coming months. Also, other Elders say that Intercap is a very good area so I am stoked. The members help out the missionaries and the people are receptive ect..

What is going to be hard now is saying goodbye to everyone here. Our members and investigators literally love us and unfortunately have become attached. In almost every visit we have mentioned that one day we would have to leave and that they would have to continue without us. Fortunately they undestand and know that their commitment is not with us the missionaries, but with Jesus Christ. They will all be fine without me. The new Elder will come in my place and they I will begin to fade into their memories. Elder Machado will stay and continue being the Junior companion. I trust that he will finish off the work that we started with the marriage and baptisms of Vanzenir and Flávio, and a big list of other families that we have been teaching.
 

 

Speaking of other families, we have been teaching a young family, Fabian, Ivana, and Emily. They made their second appearance at church yesterday and liked it a lot. Also, they went to a investigator/new member party that the ward put on last night, and they had a great time. They will be future baptisms for sure.

In a few hours I will leave Dom Pedrito for Bagé. I have to pack my bags quickly and say goodbye to our investigators. I will leave with Elder Carlos who was transferred also. Then I will leave early in the morning tomorrow for Porto Alegre with Elder Wright a good friend of mine. I will then find my companion and then it is off to my new area. I think I will have to give a training meeting my first day in the area which will be exciting.

Thursday, a member from the area Seventy will visit POA and we will recieve some counseling. It will be really cool. These kinds of training meetings are always very spiritual and uplifting. Maybe I will receive some personal revelation to help out my district or our area.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I am content. I am grateful for everything that the mission has provided me.  I am grateful for the new leadership role that I will assume. I know it will be for my benefit and for the benefit of others. I am grateful for my 4 months will Elder Machado in a difficult area. I have come much closer to Christ in this time. I finally feel that I have a grip on the mission and know what I need to do to have success. I love this gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and our Saviour.
 
 

That is all I can think of right now. If you have any questions email me!

Lots of Love,

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment