Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11 November 2013   Morro da Cruz!


Hello Family and Friends,
 

Well, another week has passed in my new area, and I am liking the it a lot. The only downside is having to hike the "Morro da Cruz," or in other words, the Hill of the Cross. Yes, there is a cross on top of the hill. One of these days I will hike to the top and take a photo. My legs are already taking strain from the steep inclines and declines. Also, summer is approaching so hiking this hill everyday will not be pleasant. I can already see myself arriving at all our appointments dripping in sweat. Let's just say that I am looking forward to it all.

I am getting to know the members and it seems that they are all pretty cool. The Ward functions like a Ward should. We have lunch everyday and every now and then we get a reference. All in all I am a happy man.

My companion, Elder E. Santos, is well.
 
 
We are already really good friends and we are working hard. Like I mentioned in my last letter he is a lot older than me which is cool. I respect him a lot especially for his boldness in the missionary work. This is his best quality, boldness. It does not matter how rich or poor, smart or dumb you are, he will tell you how it really is. We talk to almost everyone that passes by us which is cool. With my other companions we did not talk to that many people in the street (well we did not have that many people in the street) nevertheless we are working hard to find some good investigators. He is also funny which lightens up the day. We get along well to say the least.

Well, I have some good news for you all. Vanzenir and Flávio were married and baptized this past Saturday. I was not there to see the fruits of my work, but it is alright I am super happy. Elder Machado sent me pictures that I will forward to you all. Everything went smoothly and apparently Vanzenir bore her testimony Sunday and I had a honorable mention in it. So my dream came true, a family baptized in the true church, a strong family. Vanzenir's next goal is to be married and sealed for all time and eternity in the temple. That will be a marvelous sight. Another good notice is that Ivana and Fabian, another family that I was teaching in Dom Pedrito will be married and baptized in the coming weeks. The missionaries out there in Dom Pedrito are being blessed immensely.



 

Speaking of temples, we went to the temple Wednsday. It was the third trip I have made since I arrived in Rio Grande do Sul. When I was in São Paulo we went 9 times to the temple! That is 12 times in total since I left the States. Every time I go I feel my testimony grow. It is so nice to get away from the world for a couple hours and feel that much closer to our Heavenly Father.

 
I want to visit a lot of temple during the course of my life. It is such a blessing and we should take advantage of it every chance we get. I could spend hours just looking at photos at all of the temples throughout the world. In my album of photos that I show to investigators I have a photo of Greg in front of the San Diego temple and everyone becomes amazed while looking at this photo. It is an excellent way to bring up the topic of eternal families and other blessings of being a member of the church of Jesus Christ.

In other news, my companion and I are working out almost every night. Elder E. Santos was basically a bodybuilder before the mission so we are pushing some heavy weights (he is pushing some heavy weights) and so expect to see a new and improved Elder Miller in the coming weeks.

And that is about it for now. Post the new pictures on my blog when you get the opportunity.

 
Lots of love,

Elder Miller

 
Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment