Wednesday, August 28, 2013

5 August 2013

Hello Family and Friends,
 

I forgot to mention in the last e-mail that today is transfer day!!!

But do not worry because none of us were transferred. I was grateful to hear that no one was transferred, because we are all working hard and have become great friends these past six weeks. Wow, that is crazy to say that I have already been here in Dom Pedrito for six weeks! As I always say to you all, it feels like yesterday that I arrived here.
 
 

The time is passing by so quickly it is rather ridiculous. In a little while I will have 1 year on the mission. I will have reached the mountain top and from there it is only a quick descent.

So this past transfer I grew a lot as a missionary and a disciple of Christ. Being the senior companion really forced me to be better everyday. I had exercise my faith and be a leader. I pushed ourselves to the limit a lot and sometimes I thought Elder Machado would give up, but he kept on pushing on no matter what, and at the end of the day he was always grateful for the effort we gave. We both agree that we learned more about life and the gospel in this past transfer than the rest of our missions put together. We are both working together to turn our individual weaknesses into strengths.

It is funny how you learn more about yourself and God when you have to overcome great difficulties. In the moment it can seem impossible to achieve anything, but what I learnt is that God always fulfills his part when we give 100%. He is never abandons us no matter what. I learnt that you have to humble yourself and never give an excuse for anything that you did or did not do. Every night I gave an account to God of what we did that specific day, and for the most part I was able to sleep soundly afterwards. Of course there is so much we need to improve in our missionary work, but in my opinion this past transfer was a great success. We have a teaching group now that did not exist when we arrived, we have gained the confidence of the members, and we have one investigator that is being prepared to be baptized.

This area has been deemed as the area that does not baptize, but we are all in full-gear to change that. In fact it has already been changed because the other Elders baptized this past Saturday, João and Leticia, a brother and sister. And Elder Machado and I are teaching Adriana, 24 young lady, and recently graduated lawyer. She is super smart and friendly, and is searching for peace in her life. She had told us that she feels the peace that she is searching for when hearing our messages and going to church. She always has inspired questions for us which really helps us teach her well. I think this transfer she will be baptized. Also, we are always looking for families which is one of my dreams being out on the mission, teaching and baptizing a family. I want all families to feel the happiness I feel when I am with my own family, which happiness comes from living the principles and ordinances of the only true and living gospel.

So I will be in Dom Pedrito for the next six weeks with Elder Machado.

Elder Beary and Elder Carlos will be companions again also. This transfer should be a little more relaxed now that we have opened up the area and everything else. I am liking this area a lot despite the difficulties. It should be a fun transfer.

Thats all for now,

Lots of Love,

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment