Monday, February 18, 2013

24 December 2012 CHRISTMAS

Hello Family and Friends, 

So I got p-day this week, Hallelujah! I only have 30 minutes so here we go. Tomorrow probably around 4 or 5 my time I will try and skype you all. The only thing is that we do not have a computer to use skype yet. We have been looking around a ton this past week but to no avail. Tonight we are having dinner with one of the families in the ward and they mentioned something about a notebook with skype so we will see if this is true. If it is true we will go back tomorrow and see if it works, I'm praying that it will. I know you have a card to call me but how does it work? What phone do I use, our cell phone?

On to the good stuff. We had the baptism of Renata this week! It was great and she was more than prepared for it. The missionary that interviewed her before the baptism was blown away by her answers to his questions haha. I had the privilege to baptize her. Got to get wet one more time, it was pretty cool. Renata's mom came to the baptism and I'm sure she felt the spirit. Maybe her mom will become an investigator and eventually the whole family, who knows.
 
 

The work here in Gloria has slowed down dramatically. With the change of companions, and members being on vacation it is hard to know where to go or what to do. We received a list of members that haven't being going to church for awhile and we are going to try and reactivate them. More than likely they have family that are not members of the church so it would be a two for one kinda deal.

It is extremely difficult to get into houses here in Rio Grande do Sul. Gauchos are not the fun loving Brazilians like the rest of Brazil. Its a culture thing, my guess is because most of them have some European blood in them. You have to gain their trust first but when you do they will be your best friends. They literally will do anything for you.

Christmas is going to be very different this year with the heat, humidity, and being in Brazil haha. But the Christmas spirit is still the same and this time of year I am truly grateful for everything God has blessed me. I would like to end this email with my testimony that I know God loves each and every one of his children. I know this because he gave his own son, Jesus Christ, to suffer all the pains and sicknesses of the world and die for us. I know this sacrifice must have been so difficult for our Heavenly Father but it was necessary for our salvation. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of god and performed an infinite atoning sacrifice for us all. He suffered more than any of us could imagine and though it may have seemed impossible he overcame spiritual and physical death so that we too could return to the presence of our Father. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of god without a doubt in my mind. I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is the word of god, Joseph Smith and thousands of others saints would not have sealed their testimonies in blood if it were not. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today and through him we will be prepared to meet god again. I'm so grateful for you all and the chance to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is a privilege, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amem

No comments:

Post a Comment