Monday, February 18, 2013

18 December 2012 1st Baptism!

Hello family and friends, 

A lot of things happened this week and I only have an hour to write so here we go. 

First off, I received a new companion this week, Elder Skouson. He is from Richland, WA and has a year and four months out on the mission. His previous area was down in the southern part of the mission. I don't remember the name, but it is right on the beach which is seems really cool and I hope I serve there sometime during my mission.  He teaches very well and he follows all the rules. Today I actually got help cleaning the apartment, and I am certain that we now have the cleanest apartment in the mission! We have a lot of work to do because we are both new to this area since I only have one transfer under my belt. Our plan right now is to meet with less actives, gain the trust of the ward for references, and my least favorite... contacting.

Oh, I had a couple baptisms this past week! Shaelly and Nara were baptized on Saturday, and I had the privilege of baptizing Nara. It was pretty cool getting to dress up all in white going down into the water. It felt like one second before it was all over. For some reason I thought that it would be some grand experience, which it was for Nara, but to me it felt normal. It was an amazing experience watching her change throughout our lessons and such. That was more rewarding to me than actually baptizing. All in all it was awesome. On Sunday we did the confirmations and Shaelly asked that I do it! It was sort of scary but luckily I knew what to say and we got the job done. We are planning on baptizing Renata this week, the 21st, during the ward Christmas activity. That will be amazing. During the baptism of Shaelly and Nara, Renata said that I could just baptize her right then and there ha ha.

I received packages from Mom, and Grandma this week. Also, I received letters from just about everyone I know. I have a lot of writing to do. I'm sure you would like to hear that I ate all the candy, and cookies you sent me. It took me about 4 and half days to eat 2 packages of oreos, 1 giant bag of m&ms, another giant bag of skittles, and all the other things you guys stuffed into those boxes. I'm sure my blood has the same consistency as cotton candy right now. My companion denied all my offers of candy so I had no help, but this was not a problem as you can tell. I will look out for others packages on the way.

The only news about skype is that we can use it. Now I just have to find a place and time. I don't know if we have on Monday p-day or if we have it on Christmas, so Elder Skouson and I decided on 4 o' clock or 4:30 our time, more or less, midday for you guys. So get the computer ready and if skype does not happen have the phone close by. I hope we have p-day Monday so I can give you guys more details, lets hope.Chances are probably pretty good that we won't have p-day Monday and it will be switched to Tuesday. 

I have heard that the world is going to end on the 21st, or Friday, so this may be the last time you hear from me. Good thing I am on the Mission right? 

Love,

Elder Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment