Tuesday, July 15, 2014

14 July 2014

Hello Family and Friends, 

All the hard work is paying off. We have the marriage of Carlos and Sharon planned for the 2nd of August. They are also striving to be baptized some time around this date. In my last email I mentioned that they literally called us from across the street asking to be married in our church. After a few lessons this week they committed to be baptized as well. When we taught the Word of Wisdom to them they gave us all the coffee that was in their house. I am truly humbled by the fact that God placed them in our path. I can't think of anything better than baptizing a family before finishing the mission. We also have a few young men that are preparing to be baptized. My hope is that we can attend to all their needs in the next few weeks, and that they can be fully prepared to make covenants with God.

Elder S. Silva and I are working well together. We are giving our best in these last weeks. I am really happy that we are able to keep a steady work pace. Honestly we don't have time to think about going home anymore, there are so many things to be done. This past week we had zone counsel, then we had to give a zone training, and of course the world cup. It was a rush to get everything done with little time.

So Brazil showed it's true colors against Germany. The Brazilians here in Porto Alegre have lost all respect for their national team. They say that Brazil was needing a wake up call like that 7-1 beat down which they suffered. They say that they don't play for the name on the shirt anymore, but for the fame. I am afraid to say that this is becoming the case for many these days. Germany totally deserved the win. From what we heard from people in the streets Germany was obviously the strongest team. The Brazilians like to pull my leg by saying that I am one of the German soccer players because of my last name, Miller. For sure things will now calm down now that the world cup is over, and we will be able to work 100% everyday.

 Lots of Love,

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment