Monday, January 6, 2014

23 December 2013


Hello Family and Friends, 

I'm doing well in my new leadership role. I did not have much time to write the past week so I will put some more details into this email. Elder Horst is my companion. He is from California, and he has 1year and 8 months on the mission. The good thing is that there are no signs of slowing down for him even though he is close to the finish line. We are really good friends and we are having some success already. If everything goes to plan we will have 2 baptisms this coming Saturday. There names are Paulo (40+) and Ismael (13).

Being the ZL is cool. It is a little different because I have less time on the mission than the majority of the missionaries in my zone and I have to tell them what's what, but it is cool being able to give advice to more missionaries. Also, we have a lot more contact with the President and we find out what is really happening in the mission. I am excited for the zone counsel meeting with the Pres. at the beginning of the month.

The missionary Christmas conference we had was not too fancy this year. All we did was listen to some training segments and then we watched a Christmas video of the mission and that was about it. It was nothing compared with last year's trip to the Brazilian base, but what can you do? I grabbed my packages and we got out of there as fast as could.

It does not feel like Christmas at all this year. Our Ward is rather weak so we are going to get the shaft for Christmas this week. I think Elder Horst and I are going to pass Christmas in the apartment because no one invited us to Christmas dinner. Oh well, I think we will try and get some contacts in because trying to teach anyone the next two days is futile. One thing that I know is that this Christmas will be a great learning experience. I mean what is Christmas all about? Is it about having parties and opening presents or is about remembering the only perfect human that ever existed and the fact that he gave his life so that we could have eternal life. I think the best gift I can give him this year will be my total dedication to the missionary work.

I think it would be appropriate to finish this email with my testimony that I know that Christ lives. He was sent to this imperfect world to be the necessary sacrifice for all humanity. I know that he completed his mission on Earth, that by him and through his infinite sacrifice and we can return to live with God in his celestial home. I know that his true doctrine was restored through a modern day prophet. I know that he continues to extend his loving hand to all no matter what happens in life. I am so grateful to have these 2 years to get to know him a little better. I am so grateful for what he has done for me and my Family. 

A Good Christmas to all 

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment