Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2 December 2013


I did not even know that Thanksgiving was this week. How sad is that? It sounds like everyone had a good time. Lots of food, football, etc.. Dad put up the Christmas lights, that is cool. Christmas in Brazil is not the same compared to Christmas in the States. It is hot and humid!!  Well, it will be the second and last time I am away from family on Christmas now that is a blessing. Also, there is nothing better than getting to talk with my family later in the day. Oh and by the way I received a package already.
 

 

So this past week was a good one. We baptized Junior which was cool. A lot of non-members showed up to see him be baptized. Elder E. Santos had the honors of baptizing him. I was happy because my goal for this transfer was accomplished which was to get Elder E. Santos his first baptism on the mission. I had the privilege of confirming him a member of the church. We will start working with his family now. Also, there are a lot of other boys like him that are interested in the church. Our plan is to baptize them and then their families.
 

 

In my district we had another two baptisms which was a great blessing, and this week they will have another baptism. My district has improved immensely since I took over. I do not know really why, but my theory is that by just being a good friend and an example to others things change. I never criticized or pushed them to work harder. I was just a friend, and I led by example. That is it. I think this is my gift that God gave me which is friendship.

Well it is the last week in the transfer. Like you already know Monday morning I will get the news if I will stay or go. I have a hunch that I will stay in the area. We are working a lot and we have some baptisms coming down the pipeline so I think the president will keep me here for another transfer which is fine with me. We are starting to see miracles so I want to stay and see what else God has in store for us in this area.

I don't know what else to write. I'm not sure what the president will do for Christmas this year. Last year we went to a military base and listened to the testimonies of some member soldiers. Then we sang carols, opened presents, and ate etc.. I expect something similar this year.
 

I know this email is short but I will include some pictures for your enjoyment

Lots of Love,

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment