Saturday, November 3, 2012

24 October 2012
I will start off by anwsering some questions. Yes, there are 5 Elders in my district that will be going with me to Porto Alegre this coming Tuesday. Yes, we are flying out of Sao Paulo airport early in the morning.  I will try to send some photos through email to you once im in the field, as of right now I have not taken that many because we arent really allowed to because we dont want to look like a bunch of tourists. But I have taken some with some friends of mine and some Elders from my district.

This past week was very eye opening. We went and proselyted near the MTC for a few hours. It was difficult at first because we were all a little timid about talking with people, especially since our Portuguese is still very much in the works. Our companionship ended up handing out 4 books of mormon. I found myself stumbling all over my words with the people so I think it is a miracle that we handed out that many books. I realized I have a long way to go before I can be the missionary I want to be, but I'm willing to put in whatever work is necessary. Elder Russell had a cool experience talking with a guy that was very knowledgeable about Christ's ministry. At first he didnt accept the book we gave him but after talking with him for awhile he seemed interested, we think that maybe he was a church member or something haha. Our next time proselyting is on Monday and we will go into the center of Sao Paulo. I think this will be better because everyone around the MTC has like 3 BOM's already.

I saw ReubenHurst today at the distribution center! It was so good to see him. We got to talk for a little bit before I had to leave, it made my day. I want to get in contact with Elder Winston Hurst but I need his info.

Thank you for all the letters you have been sending me. My whole district is really jealous because the quantity of letters I have been recieving. I got 2 more letters from Dad and 1 from Jessie. Also, I got a bunch from the Lofstrands. I wrote letters to them and Jessie, so be on the look out in a couple weeks. I will try and write letters to Mom and Dad when I'm in the field. 

Love Elder Miller 

P.S. I dont know exactly when I will be able to email again. It might be on my first P-Day in the field

No comments:

Post a Comment